It's been months since my last update. It is hardly surprising considering the chaos at the office.
I used to have so much free time at work that I could spend an afternoon just writing blog posts. Now it seems I'm fighting for time to finish my chores so I can go fetch my girlfriend for a quiet dinner. How a few months can change things . . .
Since the last update, many things have happened, both in the office and at home.
Chinese New Year came and went in a breeze like every other year. The only difference is that we are going to less places each year as the granduncles and aunties pass on. It gave me a serene sense that life is too short to be wasting away.
At the office, people are starting to leave one by one. First my accountant was being swapped, against her will, with another department's accountant. With her impending transfer, YB - the Singapore Supervisor, tendered her resignation, whether in protest or otherwise, I would never know. Then there was Alice, my Assistant, who finally tendered after the turmoil of not receiving any bonus at all for 2007.
I'm sure there are more to come in the coming months. With our fearless leader J replaced, her loyal subjects are falling over their heels to get away. As for me, I'm just sitting and waiting for the mess to end before thinking about my future. I've only been here for 7 months and now is not the right time to leave, yet . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment