Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sizzling Hot

Early nighties. One of the places my dad and mum like to go for dinner treats is Ponderosa at Marina Square. I'm not sure when they closed down the outlet but I can still clearly remember us gushing over the salad bar. We would order a main each and help ourselves to the free flow of salad. Ahhh memories . . . since it closed down I thought all that remains would be memories. It seemed so till yesterday . . .

After a hard day of schooling in house hunting . . . Meimei and me made our way to Bakerzin at Suntec. We wanted our favourite Strawberry Shortcake . . . but altas it was not to be. They ran out. Then I remembered wanting to try out Sizzler a few weeks ago but there was a long queue and we gave it a pass. So over we went to Sizzler.

And there it is. The salad bar, close to the one I remember at Ponderosa. And on top of that, they had soup, pasta and soft serve! My, I can't describe how wonderful the meal was. All I can say is that I'm coming back again, and again, and again . . .

1 comment:

  1. Also, it is highly recommended to helping yourself to a serving of Soft-Serve before anything else....

    ReplyDelete