Thursday, February 2, 2012

NS Charge

I didn't take my IPPT last year, so I'm charged again for failing to perform my civic duty as a member of the Singapore Armed Forces. This is the 2nd time I'm being called to attend a 'hearing'. Hey, hello ... do you think we have time to be doing all this. 

We have to compete in the workforce with so many other 'Foreign Talent' (or Foreign Trash) who do not have to spend time off work to waste their time in Reservist. The rich folks can spend a couple thousands and obtain medical certificates excusing them for anything from grass, physical perspiration to the freaking sun. The rest of us have to spend 3 weeks a year rotting in a desolated camp while feeding the entire mosquito population in the forest.

So yah, sometimes we just don't have the time to go physical training and pass the IPPT. I've never passed it outside of the 2 and half years in full time National Service. And now that my unit is standing down and I'm been send to a Brigade Unit, it looks like I'm gonna have to come time and again to answer charges, up till 40. Whatever, here's $50. And get off my back, I have work and contribute to the Singapore economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment