Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Free Way To Learn

I recently discovered an unparalleled resource for online learning. It's not the youtube do-it-yourself guides. It's an online setup which offers university entry level courses to the masses. All you need is an internet connection.

Like most folks I had the initial impression that the courses were simply a touch of the actual classroom course and I could breeze pass. How wrong I was ... these courses are build with rigour. I literally had to study the textbook and sit through the online lectures to answer the quizs and work through the labs.

Brilliant! A free online source to learn business topics, all in the comforts of home. And difficult enough that spending the time on it means something. I applaud the people who put this together and the time and efforts of the professors offering these courses. Some of the online lectures and materials are of an even higher quality than those you get in a classroom setting. I'm truly impressed.

I highly recommend anyone who have a little time to check the courses on offer at Coursera. You will find a whole new world of structured learning and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment