Ok I can say my MBA commitments are finally done, truly done. I've been working on the MBA group final project dissertation for since late December and we have just submitted it today.
It was fortunate that the school referred me to a group who was working on a topic familiar to what I've been doing over the past couple of years, i.e. outsourcing management. Two of my team mates are controllers in the company and so they brought up this project topic as part of their internal management assessment on the feasibility and knowledge buildup for their proposed outsourcing of the finance team. So this was a 'live' project and we were able to truly appreciate the commercial perspective of the initiatives.
I'm glad the team members were all hardworking and clear on the objectives. I've heard horror stories of group projects that went wayward, with members splitting due to unreconcilable differences. It certainly didn't look as such at first, given that one was in Tokyo, another in Bangalore, but we made it work.
So now I'm looking forward to the graduation at the end of the year. Maybe I'll get a chance to go Manchester for the ceremony. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment