Today is Emily's first trip to visit 外公外婆 at Bedok. This is her first trip to grandparent's place, we have yet to bring her to my parents place since they are further away at an hours drive.
And because it is her first time, 外公外婆packed a nice red ang pow to mark the occasion. Interestingly there is a band of multicoloured strings tied to it. Hmmm I didn't ask but I'm very curious on it's significance.
Its important to bring her to Bedok more often since we are likely to put her here when Meimei starts going to the office. I think once she is familiar with the place she can settle down ... she seems a little apprehensive this time. It's actually asking a lot from them to look after an infant but I think it really makes a big difference in a child's development when they have loving and doting caregivers around them.
I can imagine all the good traits, skills and EQ she can gain from spending time with 外公外婆. At the same time I also hope Emily brings them years of joy and laughter. I know I'll be looking forward to watching over my grandkids when I retire. Well thats very far off but hey it doesn't hurt to dream :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment