Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Her First Few Independent Steps

I was lucky enough to be working from home today. I dare say very few dads get to witness their kid's first steps. We were kinda expecting it, she learns new tricks every time after a fever bout. Even though Meimei was at work today, she was greeted by Emily walking gingerly towards her and giving her a welcome hug. You can see the proud look on her face, coupled with 'melt-melt' eyes. I'm hitting myself for missing the chance to capture that moment on video.


It's been an exciting day. She is still unsure of herself and tries to hold my fingers. And once she grabs hold of them, she will dash across the hallway, knowing I'm there to hold her if she falls. I don't mind that she falls, it's all part and parcel of growing up. We just need to be careful that she doesn't fall face first and hit her jaw or teeth.

The saying is true ... kids grow up so fast. I'm already missing her baby smell and coo-ing sounds. *miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment