Tuesday, January 3, 2017

OO's First Day In PlayGroup

I think the first day is as traumatic for the baby as it is for the parents. We were so worried she couldn't adapt and had taken a full day's leave, just in case. Oddly though there didn't seem to be many 'first day' parents ... just a handful.


The school only allows a parent to accompany the child in the morning. The official reason was that the child needs time to bond with the teachers and having a parent beside the child hinders that development. 


We were there early so Meimei had a chance to feed OO her 2nd breakfast. OO seems to be enjoying it. Since only one parent can stay, Meimei accompanied OO for the morning learning session. 


I went for a quick breakfast at Starbucks before hurrying back to see if I can be of any help. As much as we wanted to stay, we were advised to 'disappear'. Well I suppose the sooner she gets used to us not being around the better it is. OO's playgroup only has three including her so the teachers can give them their full attention. We managed to get away when the teachers distract them with all the toys and musical instruments.


OO was pretty 'cooperative' so we managed to get away. We were basically on standby mode though and ready to 'fly' back there at a moment's notice. So I brought Meimei for lunch at a nearby restaurant at Simpang Bedok.


Not too shabby for a quickie lunch. We were back to fetch her right after that. OO was thrilled to see us and came dashing towards our arms. There were some tears and sulking but oh well that's to be expected. Not bad for a first day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment