Since quiting Wonder Tactics, I've vowed not to get into online gaming for awhile. The money I've spent in that game could have bought me a couple of the big name paid games like Final Fantasy series, Banner Saga etc.
As I search through the pay-once-and-play catalog in iTunes, I chanced on Bastion which is getting very good reviews. At $7, it seemed like a cheap investment on a game that potentially can add up to 10-15 hours of gameplay.
I must say the graphics of the game is fantastic. It feels polished and the music score certainly adds to the embience of the game world. Sadly attempting to play this on a Ipad Pro has proven to be a challenge for me. Maybe its my stubby fingers or my lack of 'skills' for real time action games. Whichever it is, I gave up after playing it a couple of hours.
No biggie, at least I know now not to choose another fast paced action game for my next buy. Well, I've always been more of a turn-based strategy, old-school RPG (remember Might and Magic series, Daggerfall, etc) type of player.
No comments:
Post a Comment