Wednesday, February 20, 2019

So Ramen @Bedok Mall

These days I'm not one to likely blog about food. With the kids Meimei and I hardly go anywhere to eat anymore, other than the nearby kopitiam or malls. Convenience has taken over the urge to find good food to satisfy our cravings.

And its on one of these convenience trip at Bedok Mall that we discovered a pretty good ramen place. Well, truth be told, I wasn't expecting much. It was lunch time and we were looking for a place to eat which is not of the fast food variety. I was craving for soupy stuff and so was Meimei.

We ended up at So Ramen because there are readily available seats and it was empty save for a table or two ... which means faster service.



What was just a convenience thing surprisingly yielded a new favourite place for ramen. And it's so close to home to boot which makes it even more attractive. I had the Grand Tonkotsu Ramen as it had 3 types of meat as a first try to see which meats were better. The broth was rich and flavourful, but not over-powering or jialat. Meimei had the Spicy Ramen which was also very good, with its spicy and sour aftertaste. And a very contentious plus these days .... they serve free ice water. Ha!

I'm definitely coming back again, especially when I'm looking for soupy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment