We sent 萱萱 back to school this week and just after 2 days she started running a high fever of 38 odd. We have been medicating her with alternate doses of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen to keep the fever at bay. But this afternoon it spiked to 39.5 and she started to shiver. We immediately went into crisis mode and packed quickly in anticipation I would ward with her at Thomson.
Fast forward to Thomson, they were not willing to take us in and referred us to KKH instead citing that they lack the test kits for Covid. They practically did nothing other than tell us what we already know, OO's fever is very high and probably needs immediate medical attention. And that costed us close to a hundred dollars which sucked.
So we had to make our own way to KKH. Meimei went with 萱萱 to the A&E while I parked the car. And the next bloody bullshit of the day happened. Once I parked the car I tried to meet Meimei and 萱萱 but was stopped. They now have a rule that only one parent can accompany a child. What's worst is that because Meimei is now with 萱萱, she has to stay with 萱萱 all the way and we cannot switch with each other. I had my backpack packed for warding but Meimei didn't even have a single thing for staying in.
Because of the high fever, they are treating her as a Coronavirus suspect and warded at the isolation wards. So no visitors, crappy facilities in the room, isolated and cannot come out. Naturally I went home to grab a bag for Meimei and 萱萱. In the meantime, 萱萱 had a drip inserted and fingers poked for blood.
Because of the high fever, they are treating her as a Coronavirus suspect and warded at the isolation wards. So no visitors, crappy facilities in the room, isolated and cannot come out. Naturally I went home to grab a bag for Meimei and 萱萱. In the meantime, 萱萱 had a drip inserted and fingers poked for blood.
The nurse gave 萱萱 a Lego toy for all the poking and pain. It's cold comfort but at least that's something. Hopefully it's not Coronavirus nor Dengue. But we'll only know in the next couple of days once the tests are back.
No comments:
Post a Comment