Friday, October 30, 2020

A Straw For Mama

Meimei was having a very bad backache last night. So much so that she couldn't stand or sit properly. We were in the baby room and Siti was helping 欣欣 rub her back with ointment. Suddenly 萱萱 ran out of the room and came back with a straw.

I'm not sure what got into me but I shouted "Why are you playing with a straw?!!" ... "I'm taking a straw for mama so she can drink water" 萱萱 replied softly. Oh no, a streak of guilt immediately shot through me. It didn't occur to me that 欣欣 could not bend her head forward to take a drink. Instead a little 5 year old had more awareness and kindness to notice that 欣欣 wanted to take a drink from her bottle but had difficulty doing so. I instantly regret my words and apologise to her. But the damage was done and she cuddled into a bundle and pulled a sad face. 

Sigh ... that was stupid of me. I should have been commending her for being so sensible and caring. Sometimes I forget how loving 萱萱 is and am trigger happy to scold her. Even 欣欣 sounded it out to me that I should be more tolerant of 萱萱 as she is showing good progress and maturity. Plus she tends to be very sensitive to reprimand, seeing it like a betrayal of sorts from people she loves.

Oh my darling little girl, I will improve on my temperament with you! *love love

No comments:

Post a Comment