Friday, November 11, 2022

Good Managers Are Hard To Come By

I was out this evening for a team dinner to mark the departure of one of my managers. She happens to be one of the best managers I've ever worked for so it's bittersweet feeling to see her go. She has always been very supportive of what I do and doesn't try to micro-manage my work. She has been a very good listener and provides me honest and candid advise without being judgemental about my intentions. A truly wonderful person to work for.

However she shared that she has lost her passion for work in this current role for the last 9 months and am going to a larger role where she has more exposure and opportunities to learn. I can totally relate to that since I kinda did the same some 10 odd years ago. I couldn't take the repeated month end closing over and over again so I took a different route to my career. I think she is going through the same thing and I wish her the best.

She was very sad about it but when we hear the role she was taking up, everyone was unanimous in telling her she made the right choice. It wasn't even a choice, it's something you have to take up when you are offered the role. Plain simple decision.

I'm happy she's found the fire again and sincerely hope she succeeds in her new role. Heheh.  


No comments:

Post a Comment