Sunday, October 8, 2023

Lazing In The Lounge

I recently discovered that Marriott was offering Platinum status to all GE employees. If I had known about this offer sooner I would have had lounge access on the last trip. That said I'm glad I found it and also shared it with one of my colleague so he got Platinum too. The most obvious perk is the lounge access where we get free soft drinks throughout the day, some light bites for tea break and dinner. They also serve alcohol during dinner so my colleagues had endless vodka mixes till the bar closes. They don't serve cognac so I usually bring my own bottle.

The other perk for me is that it's a place other than the room to laze about and work on the blog, watch videos, plan for the next holiday, play games etc. I like the open space to stare and think about the topics we ran through in the week and formulate my thoughts for the next.

I need to hit another 12 days after this trip to keep Platinum for next year. It's not a difficult task since we travel often. Definitely want to get the lounge access again ... travelling is different with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment