Sunday, April 6, 2025

Buying Books For Kids

My parents had a rule when we were growing up. We have a blanket approval to buy any story books we like. So every time my parents brought us to a bookstore we would each grab one. They were very generous with books since they are not very educated and don't have the time to guide us through our homework. It's their way of "helping" their children. Years later I understood the intent and goodness of this. And I hope to give our kids the same experience of the joys of reading ... especially in this day and age of digital gadgets.


Spent a good $140 getting books for both kids today. It's a lot but the excitement they have on their faces  is worth it. And totally priceless when they read them. Meimei did think about buying the books online but I insist we do this at the bookstore so they get the right experience. 

I'm not expecting this to pay off but just wanted to really give the kids the goodness that my parents did for me. And if we are lucky, it will become a good experience for them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment