Saturday, May 24, 2008

Army Daze 2008

I've been away for my yearly Army stint again. A good 3 weeks of stinky army clothes, breakfast at 6am, 4 hours of sleep a night, forced constipation, etc.

We went outfield twice, a 4D3N prep training and another 5D4N actual ATEC2 exercise. Sounds like fun eh? Getting closer to nature, enjoying the breeze, relaxing away from work, etc. Phfff. Let me give you the highlights of the outfield training:
  • Wearing stinky pespiration soaked clothing the entire day
  • Fighting off commando trained mosquitoes with Bayton Mosquito Coils
  • Sleeping upright on the front seat (seat can't be moved down)
  • Doing sentry duty in the middle of the night
  • Eating combat rations, which has a chemical substance that induces constipation
  • Wait and moving, wait and moving (Army Motto: Rush to Wait, Wait to Rush)
  • Worrying if my Meimei is taking care of herself
Well, 3 weeks can't be summed up in a few points but army training is just so mind-numbing that I can't recall much. Except that I'm very glad it's over and I'm back to civilisation. Hopefully my unit managed to hit Recon2A so next year's training won't be as long.
I have now hit 5 high-keys. Hopefully after next year's high key they'll let me 'stand-down' with the rest of the unit. I'm targetting to be done with this nonsense reservist training before 32. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment