I am writing this a month or 2 after going for the trip. It's been a long long time since I went overseas . . . well not that long if you consider going for reservist in Australia in Dec 2006. But then again that wasn't voluntarily so it doesn't count. Checking my passport showed the last date I went out of Singapore was back in Aug 2001, to Malaysia. Darn, I can't even recall why I went there. Oh well, onto my latest trip! A day trip to Tanjung Pengelih aka 4 Turns Island.
There was my honey, JJJ, Mark & Vincent. We headed out early to Changi Jetty for Nasi Lemask. The popular corner store wasn't open so we bought ours at another store. Honestly I can't tell the difference, they are all so good. After breakfast we were off to the boat. It took a good 45 minutes when we finally reach our destination.
Our first stop was to the 'famous' ostrich farm . . . well lets just say my honey and I didn't get to see much of it. Nonetheless a good thing came out of it. I'll explain later. We had the owner's daughter as our guide. As we walked into the farm area, my baby started to shake. You see . . . she has this mortal fear of birds. So the sight of ostriches, chickens and even an emu in such close proximity left her bounded. She literally couldn't walk and she was shivering with such immense fear I thought she was gonna faint the next moment. Her whole body was shaking so badly I knew there was no way we could go on. So just as we walked into the farm several minutes ago, I called for our guide to let us out.
I've never seen anyone so frightened . . . I always thought the phrase "rooted to the spot with fear" was just a figure of speech. I bought drinks and rub her arms to try to calm her down. It didn't matter that I missed the tour. The most important thing is that my baby is in my arms, safe and secured. Well anyways, the rest carried on the tour while we went to the entrance to wait. So to pass the time, we decided to take some pictures. That is where one of my favourite couple pic came about.
Hehe, sometimes good things happen in the weirdest of ways. I'm sure I'll remember this for a long time. My first real look of my meimei in shocking fear and the place where we took one of my fav pics which is sitting pretty on my MSN now.
After the rest came out, we proceeded for lunch at the town center. There wasn't much to see and we didn't really explore. We had seafood dinner, highlight being the butter lobsters. After that we made our way back to the jetty.
Nothing much else happen on our trip back. The rest of the day was spent chit chatting at Starbucks East Coast. It was a fun day, spending quality time with meimei. I like how relaxed Malaysia felt ... no hustle and bustle of city life. Maybe that's there I'll go to retire. Oh well, it's a long long way to go before I need to make that decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment