Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wohoo! 5 Tables Only . . . A Step Closer to my Dream!

My parents have just returned yesterday from a 2 week vacation in Portugal. I was on talking terms again with Dad and judging by the looks of his mood and manner I decided to pounce an important question to him.

"Lao Ba, I was thinking hor . . . These days it's so expensive to get married. Everything also need money. Just a wedding dinner itself cost close to 20K. My army friends were telling me they spend about 30K just to throw a dinner at a restaurant. Eh, your son pretty poor leh. So if I ever get married hor, I organise a 5 table simple dinner at a restaurant can already or not?"

*Dad looks at me, momentarily stunned by my question*

(thinking) hmm, is he in shocked? why is he looking at me blankly? this doesn't look good? should I just run off now?

Ta .. Ta .. Ta .. just at this moment, a grace-saving voice spoke: "Yah, simple dinner better. Marriage is for 2 persons what. Wedding dinner so troublesome, no need lar. Why spend so much money? See these days so many couple going in debt because of marriage. My karaoke friends were all telling me about their children borrowing money from the bank to get married. Cheh, no need lar, aiyah just simple dinner can liao."

*I blinked at Mum then at Dad* "Yah lor, I already have the burden of the flat, have to pay off for the next 30 years . . . still must spend money on the silly dinner, don't want, like that might as well don't get married better."

Dad (finally recovering of the lapse into limbo) "Ok lor, 5 tables. So long you happy can le. But you don't worry about the dinner lar. Got Ang Pow what. Plus if you don't have enough I can help you first."

(Spotting the Killer Spot) "Great thanks! Okie set liao ah, confirm liao 5 tables! Man hor, say already cannot take back one. 5 tables it is! Steady ah!"

*skips off happily to the car to go meet Meimei*

Muhahahhahahhahhahahha . . . I'm closer to my dream of marrying my perfect match. *kisses

P.S. Thanks Mum, you are truly a life saver. I knew you'll come through even though I've not discuss this with you yet. Hehehe takes your own flesh and blood to know you best. *kisses

1 comment:

  1. muahahaah! this is so endearing!! hehe.. *kiss thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete