I had previously been at the Bishan Junction 8 Lee Hwa outlet and gone through the specs of numerous diamonds. I finally decided to go for one with less clarity (cheaper hehe) as you can't really tell the difference unless you look at the diamonds through a scope. And because of that, I could ask to view larger carat diamonds with the budget I have. The nice lady serving me eventually found 2 diamonds which fit my requirements but had to make arrangements to have them transferred to the outlet. So I set it the viewing for 5th which pans out nicely.So today we went down to the outlet to check out the 2 rings. Firstly, I would like to say, she is one smart saleslady. We were shown a 0.43 carat and a 0.48 carat ring. The 0.43 one was comfortably in my budget, but the 0.48 cost a good 50% more. The thing was, the 0.43 was dull and unclear. When compared to the 0.48, our eyes straight away went towards the 0.48.
Meimei took a long time to look at them, rightly so as this is The Ring. I could see the concern and dilemmia on her face as she pondered which one to get. The 0.43 was within budget though it was yellowish and dull. The 0.48 instead was of clear and bright but yet cost so much more. Several times she looked at me with puppy eyes but kept her tongue as she worried intently and didn't wanted to sway me incase I had to truly stick to my budget.
Sensing her choice, I made a deep mental calculation on my finances. Hmmm, this should work. So wala! we made our choice. All this while Meimei kept asking to reaffirm that we could afford it. *kiss I reassured her over and over and we went about choosing the ring sizes. Eventually we were done with all the preliminaries and made the payment. We couldn't get the ring for another week though as they needed to resize the rings. So as we left, Meimei actually gave a wave to the ring . . . I could see the loss in her face as I tore her away . . . *kiss hahahahaha . . . And so Blinky was born!
No comments:
Post a Comment