Sunday, November 29, 2009

Book Opinion: Mitch Albom - Have A Little Faith

Meimei presented a 'special' edition of Mitch Albom's latest novel, Have A Little Faith, for my Bday. It had ruffled pages, very in touch with the cover which depicts a notebook binded together by two strings.

And I just finished it over the weekend. Most of the reading was done at Changi T3 Coffee Bean. Meimei was busy with work on Friday so I found a comfy spot, and coupled with a New York Cheesecake and my usual Latte, I started on the book.

True to Mitch Albom's books, it has strong religious overtones to the stories told. Though I'm not a believer, the stories are inspiring and refreshing. It didn't have that big of a oomph compared to his earlier books. But I guess it's because it's based on true stories. Such is the reality of life, good things come in small packages. So when I finished I wasn't 'moved' like his earlier books. Nonetheless I must say it was a good read. Good writers bring out the favour of any story. And Mitch is very fluid and detail in his writing. Highly recommended for a quiet rainy cozy afternoon with a good cup of coffee and pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment