Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CNY 2010

Chinese New Year this year was really mellow. It isn't what it used to be. But wait why am I complaining here . . .

I've always dread having to go visiting for the 2 whole days of CNY holidays. It's more 'work' than holidays and at the end of it, I'm more drained than ever. It's like washing the 2 days of holidays down the drain. I meet people whom I only meet once a year and the same topics are always being discussed and talked about. It's so fake it erks me.

But as the years go by, many of the granduncles and grandaunties have passed on. And with them, our scheduled stops at their place to bid them happy new year, longevity and prosperity. This year we only went to 2 distant (in my case) old relative's place. One is my Grandpa's younger half sister and another is his older sister-in-law. We completed the visiting all on the first day of CNY.


But why am I not feeling happy? Funny . . . ok I know. I'm a slut. When I have it I hate it, but now that it's gone I miss it. Phhhffff. Now I am reminiscing about the 'good ole days' when we would run all over Singapore to visit. *facepalm . . .

I know it's not the ang pows I miss. I think it's more of seeing the finite-ness of life that bugs me and makes me consider my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment