Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jakarta 2011 - First Trip to Jakarta!

My first trip to Jakarta and so happens to be Chinese New Year! Just a short 2 days trip over the weekend. We stayed at a apartment unit across Dad and Mum's. 

We ran around all of Jakarta and visited lots of relatives. Mostly I just stoned either in the car or the homes as I didn't understand Indonesian nor Cantonese. And I must say, I now know what a traffic jam is. Seriously, only here can you squeeze five cars in a three lane motorway. Thankfully, Dad has a driver so we could relax in the car and snooze from place to place.

The highlights of the two day are the authentic Indonesian food meals. I especially like this place which served giant butter prawns. It did give Meimei a scare when slight 'bubbles' appear all over my back and neck at night. I guess I'm still not totally over my allergy to seafood.

It feels good to be accepted into the family and going to around to say hi to everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment