Thursday, April 12, 2012

Her First Branded Bag

She came back last night with big frowns and was close to tears as she described how the strap on her Calvin Klein bag had torn. She bought the bag just a few months ago on her December Las Vegas trip. I can tell from her eyes she loved the bag very much and sense the immense sadness in her heart. Oh I can feel it too.

That night I 'whatsapp' Joey and Agnes and begged them to find if DFS carried something similar to the CK. Eventually after much discussion we set out to meet the next night to shop for a new bag for Meimei. It just so happens Meimei had to attend an office dinner the same night too. So the three of us plotted on the shopping trip secretly. Meimei tried to find out what I was up to in bed but I couldn't let the cat out of the bag could I. She was all "why is Boyboy chatting with someone? He doesn't usually go messaging anyone at night ..." Heheh.

So I picked the girls up from office the next day and off we go. We covered practically almost all the boutique in the DFS Scotts store. There were several close shaves as Joey and Agnes each were tempted by bags from Prada. After an hour and a half I finally had a short list of a classic Louis Vuitton Tote, a Burberry Bag and a Gucci treated leather bag.

I knew Meimei's dream is to get her hands on a LV bag. But I think it's a little too common plus the classic would make Meimei look 'mature'. It was still the number one choice as we browse through several other brands like Prada, Bottega, Marc Jacobs, Coach etc.

Finally as we rounded up the boutiques and were making our way back to LV, I noticed a Fendi store. Hey we've not been there let's take a look. Nah nothing much in there I thought as I began to walk out. Then suddenly Joey called out to me, 'Hey this looks like something that W would like', 'Bling bling yah just like her CK bag'. Ka-ching! Well the rest were all the modeling, comparison and 'hum and hor' as we deliberated this against the LV. But really, this looks so much better than the classic LV.

And so was to be Meimei's first Branded bag. It's very subjective as to what is branded. Any bag with a brand name is branded yah? But well, this is to be her first 'LV category' branded bag. I can still remember her grin when I presented it to her and her words 'I thought you said you will never ever buy a branded bag because you know the cost?' Yes yes, I said that, but I didn't bank on my heart being melted by puppy eyes. *kiss I did it for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment