Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time getting used to the Lion's keyboard shortcut. It's as though it's non-existant. Going through various web forums you'll see many gripes on Mac's over reliance on the mouse. Yes Lion OS is build intuitively where almost every action is just a mouse click away. But can using a mouse be faster than a simple keyboard shortcut key? Never in a million years. Naturally Apple fanatics will retort that this is the Mac OS we are using, and not the Windows PC. And Windows copied much of Mac's interface. But that's another topic all together. Back to the shortcuts, it seems Mac OS never had a cut and paste shortcut function key until Lion. Goodness .... you are literally forced to use the mouse to drag a file from one folder location to another if you are using an earlier OS version.
The other inconvenience I'm facing is the different shortcut keys for MSOffice applications. Mac MSOffice have different shortcut keys so a simple edit F2 function in PC's MSExcel is now replaced by Ctrl-U in Mac. So I had to fumble each time I try to edit a cell in Excel. Let's face it, if you are working you are more likely to be using a Windows version MSOffice application than you would a Mac.
So now every time I have to consciously remind myself which OS I'm working on so that I get the right shortcuts. Hopefully I'll get to the immediate level of using Lion. For now, I have resorted to adding a Safari link on Office keyboard shortcuts for reference http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/12/en-us/excel/item/64766a97-9258-4f78-9feb-2742ce769041. I'm still looking out for a good list for OS shortcuts ...
No comments:
Post a Comment