Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Vege Farm in Singapore? What?

Pardon my ignorance. Singapore is a concrete jungle of endless HDB flats, dotted by sparse areas of manicured gardens and the occasional little pieces of yet-to-be developed flat open land. How is it we still have space for vegetable farms begs the question of why all the new towns are so cramp. If we have space why not use it?! ... Ok, don't mind my rant, now onwards to the day.

I've just joined a new company 2 weeks ago and today we are out on an company excursion to a vegetable farm hidden in the depths of the Kranji area. I remember coming to this area once when Meimei and I were on our leisure drives. She is here with me today to explore the place. Nice place, lots of different sorts of plants. That's about it. Should be fun for the kids who never get the chance to be this close to nature. You just need to survive the hot sun, mosquitos, sand flies, and any other hazard related to forested areas. I don't recommend this to anyone other than the pure nature freaks.

On the bright side we get to see the new office folks and assess how they are like. As Meimei puts it, nah, most are pretty lame. Don't cut it in a competitive company. I have the same thought. Well let's see how it goes from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment