Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sawadee Kap ... Maybe Never Again

Flew into Bangkok on Sunday evening for work. This is the first time I've been to Bangkok. Don't really like the place ... well I didn't go anywhere. It's simply between hotel and office. Traffic is as horrible as Jakarta, but the food is worst than Indonesia. They fed me nasty lemongrass scented, dry and spicy spaghetti on Monday. I skipped lunch on Tuesday and thankfully I'm flying back in the night. The only nice thing to say for the trip is that the hotel room and room service was passable.

The migration is a crap project that was messed up by the previous team. Com'on, using Internal Orders to segregate the different books in the same company code. You have got to be kidding right? Some genius thought it will work and so here we are today. I've spent the last month or so trying to make sense of the nonsense data. It's the best I could have done given the short timeline and non structured base data. We will never get a balanced TB ...

So anyways, we migrate this few days and see how it goes. There wasn't a cutover plan to start with. Almost all the in-house consultants from the Germany shared service who are here with us look like they rather be somewhere else. And rightly so, there was no plan, no communication, nothing structured whatsoever. So bahh ... I'm never coming back to Thailand office again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment