It's been a year since I stopped. In the initial months, I constantly had scenes in my dreams where I was sneaking few puffs. I vividly remember one where I was behind a wall in the void deck below our block, hiding from Meimei while I puffed. The funny thing was that I had the 'feeling' of guilt in the dream. I knew what I was doing was wrong, yet I wasn't in control and was just smoking away. And when she came over I quickly threw my cigs away. That's when I would mostly awake and then mull over the dream and feel another bout of guilt. How can I be doing this in dreams?! Over the course of the 3-6 months after I stopped, the dreams come off and on. I guess my body just reacts naturally to having a stick between my fingers and the feel of nicotine in the blood. After all I've been smoking close to 16 years.
That said, it's been a lot better since the turn of the year. Again I have to thank Meimei for her patience and support. I still joked that she must have taken a cue from the Mentalist and hypnotised me. We'll never know now will we, hehe no biggie I'm still going to thank her even it were true. It is one of the best things I've did. She is making me a better man *muach!
No comments:
Post a Comment