My dear has a habit of leaving things around the house and forgetting them. For the most part I'll try to pick up after her and put things back in place. She tries to tidy up sometimes but still it doesn't happen often enough. I suppose that's a quirk about her I've come to adore and then have a sheepish grin about it.
Adore, because I find that it is a happy and pure feeling. You know when you were young and you would come home with a new toy. You would rip open the packaging and throw it on the table carelessly and then scoot off to play with the new toy. Yah, that sort of innocence and pleasure. I love that she can continue to enjoy such simple pleasures.
Sheepish grin, because it's always been something I could poke fun with. She seems so helpless in trying to organise things. I think there may be a psychological angle to all this. I know she is trying, and that's good enough for me.
So anyways, being somewhat cheekier recently, I've decided to conduct an experiment on a whim. I've codenamed it Experiment "Pickup".
The subject of the experiment is a shoe box Meimei left on the floor two days ago at roughly 8pm. I noticed it yesterday but decided to wait and see if she will see it too and put it away. Hence the premise of the "Pickup" experiment.
At the moment the box is by the sofa and fan. She may not have an inking to pick it up since it isn't in her way when walking to the sofa. So to test this assumption I will be moving it towards the centre of the walkway by an inch or so everyday and see when she picks it up. I wager she will pick it up only after about 4-5 days or when she chances on this post. Hehehehe this is going to be so interesting *Grin.
Start 21 Jan: Moved 2 inches toward the walkway.
22 Jan: Did not draw any response. Moved another 3 inches towards the walkway.
23 Jan: The 3 inches drew a response! The box is now on the dining table. Still not where it should be, let's wait and see what happens next.
27 Jan: After several days it was moved from the highly visible spot on the table to a less conspicuous spot at the side table.
30 Jan: Tomorrow's CNY and I've decided to keep the box into the shoe cupboard.
All in all, fun experiment haha. Have the item in highly visible area and give her enough time, she will pick them up.



No comments:
Post a Comment