Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Home Made Bread

Armed with an oven and kitchen mixer, we finally made a successful attempt at baking a loaf of bread. This is a good start and one of our to-do's when we were contemplating getting an oven.

The mixer helped a lot too. We had a previous attempt that didn't turn out as well, I suppose due to lack of effort in the kneading process. My right arm was limp after a 5 minute kneading workout. So with the mixer we could now let it run as long as we like with minimal effort.

Also getting the right recipe really helps. There are a lot of recipes online but many of those don't really work right. So it takes some trial and error to get a suitable recipe you can work with.

I think the next attempt would be a baguette. I've always liked baguette, being able to make my own would be marvellous. Let's see how that goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment