Sunday, February 23, 2014

This Must Be A Bio-Degradable Specs

I broke my spectacles frame while drying it with a towel. I was little shocked when it broke as I thought I had only replaced it recently. And I really liked this pair, it changed my nerdy look and brightened my face.

I don't think I was heavy handed, I simply did my normal weight on the rubbing. I've only had this pair a little over a year, and its the first plastic one since secondary school. 

I recall the ones in secondary to be extremely tough, it would take you considerable force to break the frames. So I was surprised this pair broke so easily. I suppose thats what you get for going 'green' these days. You can pass off inferior, non-durable products with a positive spin and generate repeating revenue for an otherwise one time only sale.

Meimei checked and confirmed that I changed to this part about 15 months ago. Ok, so I was more than a year old ... but still isn't it too soon to break already? I know jogging shoes will disintegrate in a year, but a spectacle? Sign ... sorry green folks, it isn't that I don't support recycling or health of our planet ... but when things spoil so easily and yet the product are priced just as expensive, it really turns me off on the whole 'go green' concept. I'm sure the cause is noble, but the execution leaves so much to abuse and corporate greed.

Ok after that rant, I'll have to say I'm not turning back to a metal frame. I really like the bright colours of the spectacles. I'll be crossing my fingers and hope we find a more durable pair.

P.S. thank you Meimei for helping to put it back together with super glue *muach!



No comments:

Post a Comment