28 Nov - The 2 Hour Slumber
Very rarely does Emily sleep any longer than 30 minutes during the day. So it kinda excite us when she kept going after an hour. We constantly checked on her though to make sure she wasn't in distress. But with this we lost the whole afternoon and could only get out for lunch at 3pm. I managed to get a run at HMV to grab some DVDs.
Papa and Mama was kind to babysit after returning from dinner so we had a chance for a quick date night. We didn't have many choices though since it was already 9pm when we set out so we went to the same diner Papa and Mama was at earlier. Decent food, it had all the hallmarks of The Ship restaurant.
29 Nov - A Day To Ourselves
For the most part. I was on my own for breakfast. After that Papa and Mama took over Emily and Meimei and I had a couple of ours to ourselves. We took the MTR to Causeway Bay and then transferred to the Ting~Ting to get to Sai Wan Ho district. We were back to Asahikawa Japanese Restaurant again. I still had the vivid memory of this obnoxious platter of Salmon Sashimi served on a huge bowl of ice. Although we didn't get to order one ourselves (the menu looks to have changed since we were last here in 2013) we still managed to savour a few delicate dishes. I'm coming back here for sure!
I think a big part of the satisfaction also stamps from the fact that the meal cost a fraction of what it would cost if we had ordered the same in Singapore. Move over Sushi Teh, this is how you do it. The sashimi was fresher than any you could get in Singapore.
30 Nov - Back to Singapore
The day was uneventful. We had an afternoon flight so we didn't get to venture out. I might reconsider the notion of a midnight flight considering that Emily made a bigger fuss on the trip back.
All in all, this was a wonderful trip. It's Emily's first airplane ride and it was a joy to have her see all her distance relatives on Meimei's side. And everyone was singing the same tune, she has grown up so much due to the trip. She just seemed to blossom overnight.





No comments:
Post a Comment