Friday, December 4, 2015

Do Posts Look The Same When Editing From Ipad?

It's very hard work blogging on Ipad's safari. I can't even change font type without having the help bar come up and block my fingers from the Font tool button. I had to start typing first on the default Times New Roman and getting to the 3rd line or so before I can 'Select All' and switch to Verdana. It also wouldn't let me switch to my desired font upfront before I start. I suspect it may be easier on html but I've never learned the language.

So here I am trying to string together a post using the ios touch keyboard. What comes easy on an iphone with 2 thumbs turns into a challenge when i try to type using all ten. Just note that I've given up just in the last sentence and am now doing baby typing with my 2 index fingers. I need to 'feel' the keys if I was to type like normal.

Why am I torturing myself? Well, I guess I'm just working around my circumstances. You see, Emily usually sleeps in our room in her own crib because she hasn't been able to sleep through the night yet even at 8 months. We don't have a baby camera install in our master so we have to take turns to watch over her when she goes to sleep at about 8pm. And Meimei has been busy in recent months so I take watch duty most of the time. I actually look forward to it as its quite relaxing since I could laze in bed and play with the ipad or iphone.

And herein lies the problem too. I've been falling behind on my blogging since I can't be at the imac on most nights. I'm very used to uploading my photos into the imac and blogging on it. A real keyboard and mouse makes a world of difference when it comes to publishing. Also my entire store of pictures are on it.

So to get around this issue I'm trying out blogging on the ipad. Of course its not that simple, I have to do some prep work first by syncing pictures I want on the blog into a temp album first. And I haven't really tested this at this time of writing so I'm crossing my fingers that the formatting isn't going to run all over the place. 

Anyways we'll know in the next few post. Cos this looks like the only way I'm gonna get up to speed on the posting. Its important to keep the momentum since absence tends to lead to a withering blog ... *gasp! Hmmm maybe I should invest in a ipad keyboard ...

No comments:

Post a Comment