Thursday, January 14, 2016

Looking To Move

Since the arrival of baby, I've started exploring if we could move into a place closer to my In-Laws. Its very tiring for Mama to travel to our place daily with groceries and likewise tough for baby to go to my In-laws in the wee hours of the morning when Meimei starts going back to office.

We put up our place for sale a couple of months ago and there were strangers walking into our home every weekend since. It's inconvenient to have to rush back to home every weekend to open our doors but it was a necessary evil to gauge how far we can stretch our finances to buy a dream home close to my In-Laws. And because of these, our weekends are pretty much limited to quick runs for grocery or meals and nothing much else.

It was evident early on that we were not going to fetch the same prices as the ones we are looking to buy. My In-laws stay in an old town where the prices for apartments have always been steep. The thing that gets me is that the flats there are 10 to 15 years older than the one we are staying now, yet they cost 100-150k more. And add the smaller floor space, 126 sqm versus 119 sqm, it really took me a long time to come to terms with this choice.

But oh well, there are many benefits to moving. There are more facilities nearby, a swimming pool, library, wet market, hawker centres. You name it they have it ... such is the allure of old towns. New towns are so 'planned' that you are restricted to very limited spots for any notable facilities.

Ok, enough about the new place we are looking at. The point of this post is to share that as much as I want to move, there is much I've fallen in love with in our first home. I am going to document as much as I can of the place before we sell it, to keep as a remembrance of our first humble abode. Our kids may never get to experience the goodness of the place so I hope that keeping commentaries on the blog for it can at least give them a sense of how comfortable this place is.

No comments:

Post a Comment