Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Studying Again And A New Mac To Go With It

About 2 months ago I received a e-newsletter from ISCA. Typically I would scan through in a second or two and hit the delete button. ISCA has always been 'slow' on the latest trends in business and accounting. My go-to were the ACCA newsletters and monthly magazines.

But this time it caught my eye with a buzz word, "Business Analytics". Reading further, it seems ISCA is offering a certification on Business Analytics ... and I was like woah! That's exactly up my alley, its what I'm doing now at work! Finally the accounting profession in Singapore is finally coming to its senses to embrace the next wave of technology.

So I attended the course preview at CPA house a month ago and was presently pleased to find that this certification is only offered to ISCA members. Great! Now I can take the course with like-minded accounting and finance folks. It also helps that I now qualify for mid-career enhanced subsidises hehehe.

So fast forward 2 months, I've signed up for the course for the coming term and classes start next week. I'm excited to be studying on topics relevant to my work as a Digital Project Manager. Definitely a far cry in terms of scope from the days of finance and accounting but I don't miss those days at all. I'm embracing this new pathway on digital well staying close to the accounting profession.

To 'commemorate' the new course, Meimei offered me the MacBook Air she won at her company's dinner and dance. Sweet :-) exactly the gear I need for the course.


I love how light the MacBook Air is. And even though they no longer update it ... it seems much faster than the old 2012 MacBook Pro I used to use for my MBA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment