I got a nail punctured on the front left wheel on the way to Chai Chee Technopark to buy Bai Nian. I went over a drain access hole and then a warning light came on the dashboard. A message pointed the fault on the front left wheel. I let out a silent curse and quickly parked the car to check it out.
Dammit. Well nothing I can do at the moment. I took a risk and went to get dinner and drove home slowly. After returning home with food I immediately called the Volkswagen roadside helpline for assistance to change out the tyres.
Thankfully the technician arrive in less than an hour. He was a professional and changed the tyres swiftly. I got to chatting and lamented how it would be difficult to get to the service center at Alexandra tomorrow before the Circuit Breaker starts. He kindly advised that there wasn't a need to change the tyres, a simple patching would work and even recommended a nearby tyre shop. I gave him a $5 as a tip when he was done and made my way to have the punctured tyre patch and placed back again.
True enough, the tyre shop was very efficient and took a mere 15 minutes to patch and replace the original tyre back. And it cost a cheap $8 to do so. In all, it was just a $13 cash outlay. The pain of it was the hassle and worry that the puncture caused. Let's hope it doesn't happen anytime soon again.
Thankfully the technician arrive in less than an hour. He was a professional and changed the tyres swiftly. I got to chatting and lamented how it would be difficult to get to the service center at Alexandra tomorrow before the Circuit Breaker starts. He kindly advised that there wasn't a need to change the tyres, a simple patching would work and even recommended a nearby tyre shop. I gave him a $5 as a tip when he was done and made my way to have the punctured tyre patch and placed back again.
True enough, the tyre shop was very efficient and took a mere 15 minutes to patch and replace the original tyre back. And it cost a cheap $8 to do so. In all, it was just a $13 cash outlay. The pain of it was the hassle and worry that the puncture caused. Let's hope it doesn't happen anytime soon again.
No comments:
Post a Comment