Tuesday, July 28, 2020

New Pirelli Tyres

I was advised to change the tyres on the Caddy during the recent maintenance. Oddly enough, they did not have the same model of Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres in stock. Even more bewildering was the attitude of the service rep, who didn't seem interested in getting me to change my tyres at Volkswagen. No matter, I asked him to get back to me with a quote and I'll compare it with 3rd party tyre shops. I rather get it done at Volkswagen but that's not much of a choice if they don't carry it.

He came back a few days later with a quote of $1,200 for a set of 4 tyres. I had search on the internet and some were offering it at almost half the quote. So even the lacklustre followup, I decided to get it changed at another workshop. Because the Caddy isn't a common vehicle many workshops did not carry it.

The technician offered that Pirelli tyres were quieter and safer for a family vehicle so I went with it instead even though it cost $60 more than the Goodyear.



The replacement took about 40 minutes and I was able to watch the technicians work. If this had been done at Volkswagen it would have probably taken half a day to queue for my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment