Wednesday, July 2, 2025

Screen Request Through iMessage

This came of the blue. I started receiving iMessages for requests for more screen-time recently. Not sure what happened. I asked Meimei if she changed any settings but she didn't. There must have been an iOS update that brought on this feature.

Man I love it! Their screen requests used to come an a banner prompt. And if Meimei rejected it I couldn't see it and may approve it instead. And we are always trying to recall how much time was already given.

With this new feature where the messages go to both parents through iMessage I can clearly see what was being approved or rejected. The kids were also trying to figure out what this new thing was.

I usually don't agree with the iOS updates that get into the way I do something but this I totally support. What's better than giving parents more control.







No comments:

Post a Comment