This morning's breakfast consisted of a tuna bun that has corn in it. Naturally I rejected it, I just don't fancy spitting out each piece of corn in every bite. However the kids were egging me on to eat the bun. In an instance of brilliance I gave them a barter trade. If I eat the bun without spitting out any corn, they have to have more vegetables each dinner.
Now ... normally anyone that hears this can tell immediately that this is a bad bad deal. But their obsession to make fun of me and see me squirm with utter disgust obscured their judgement. So both kids agreed to the deal without second thought.
Well ... I knew that they would not keep to their promise. But I have to give it a try hahah so I ate the bun with much agony and discomfort I can display just so the kids get their 'kick'. I'll get mine too at every dinner meal later muhahahhaha
I think this is a good learning lesson for them that they don't fall into such 'traps'. There are many people out there that prey on people's wants to their victim's disadvantage ... even those that may call themselves friends. Why? Because we are humans. But for now ... I can laugh at them whenever they realise how bad a deal it was when we give them more vegetables hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment