Even before entering the Universal Studios Park, we were already at the merchandise store. The kids made a bee-line for the Harry Potter wands and picked out one each. I suppose its fitting since our focus today is to explore Harry Potter world.
Lunch was at the Three Broomsticks restaurant which is decorated like the food hall in the Harry Potter movies. It's all western fare to keep the immersion in the feast experience like in Harry Potter. After lunch we were back again at the Forbidden Journey ride again. There was a light drizzle but we braved the wet day to get into the queues again.
Next we went over to the Jurassic Park section. The kids have never watched Jurassic Park so it's like another theme area for them. As usual 萱萱 was gungho to try all the rollercoaster rides. There is a terrifying one zipping around the whole area called the Flying Dinosaur which I'll never get on.
Instead I got suckered into taking the Dinosaur Boat Ride. 萱萱 was beaming and blinking at me to join her on the ride and I couldn't say no hahaha. What better way to try and build bonds than doing scary stuff together right? I had borrowed 阳阳's wizard raincoat and thought that would keep me dry. I should have bought a raincoat like 萱萱. It turns out that there were many "holes" in the raincoat and I ended up all soaking wet waist down. Wet through my underwear and shoes.
Having tasted the thrill of the ride, 萱萱 wasn't done and wanted to go again. This time I declined and let her take it alone instead. I found a spot where I couldn't take a picture of the big drop to the water. Having seen many rides come down, I've finally figured out that people at the back rows get wetter vs the ones in front. We were in row 5 of 6 earlier and that's why I got so wet. In the video 萱萱 was in the middle of the 1st row. Can't really tell as she is so tiny in the seats.
On the way out we met up with Meizheng who was also here with her friend. What a small world isn't it.
We had originally planned to eat at the restaurants on our way out but I was totally wet. Plus given the wet weather and the kids were starting to whine due to tiredness, we decided it was best we took a taxi back to the hotel instead.
All in all a pretty fun 1st day at USJ aside from the weather. Hopefully the rain clears up tomorrow when we come back for the VIP experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment