Friday, September 4, 2026

The Mystery Eye Cloud: Day 2 Going To A&E

During lunch I was already complaining that there are more floaters in my eye and I'm starting to see hundreds of micro spots in my left eye. As we drove home via ECP, we made the decision to go to CGH to have it checked out.

As I wait for the initial assessment at the A&E, I got a pen and paper from a nurse and drew up the problem for the doctors.

The drawing is pretty self explanatory. Some crap is happening on my right eye ... am I going blind? 

It didn't take long before I saw a doctor and then she referred me to the eye department at the other side of the hospital. At the eye center I was sent for a series of checks, imaging, scans etc. Eventually a senior doctor saw me and shared the bad news. I have retina tearing in my right eye at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. There are also thinning at 8 o'clock. 


Thankfully I came in early they say. Because this is the early signs of retina detachment. It could still happen but the doctor scheduled me for an immediate laser scarring procedure. Hopefully the scarring will seal up the tearing and prevent further deterioration or detachment. A retina detachment will require surgery to reattach.

We were considered an emergency case so they had to squeeze us into their busy schedule. It wasn't immediate and we had to wait for the doctor to be free. By the time we were done with the procedure the place was empty. She then referred us to SGH National Eye Center for a senior associate professor to have a look at it tomorrow morning.

It's wild I'm getting a chain of medical problems each month. And each seems to be independent of each other. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment