Today is a Happy Day. Why you ask? well, because my Mum made my favorite dish, Sio Ba. For those of you unfamiliar with this Chinese dish, it is sort of a 3 layer pork. There is the crispy crunchy top layer, the tender layer of fats in the middle, and the aromatic meat below which has bones for added taste.
This is definitely not a dish for the faint hearted (or should I say for the health conscious). It is high in fats, calories and every bite reeks of sinful pleasure. As your tongue touches the succulent meat, it oozes in watery dribble of happiness. I would literally describe the feeling simply as Bliss.
Maybe some of you would be asking now, "Why do you call it your little sio ba??". "You acutally have a nickname for this dish??!!". Well, hehehehe, now thats an all together different thing right there. You see ... this nickname is for a special someone in my life. "What?! you call your special someone such an unromantic name?!"
Yes. A definite yes. Because what I feel with my special little sio ba is what I feel with every bite of this dish, and even more. Simple, undying Bliss. The sort you will never get tired of.
Which is why I'm introducing this dish to every lonely heart out there. I hope you can enjoy the joys of this dish as much as I have, and maybe someday you'll understand that your special someone is your little Sio Ba as well . . . (Hehehe)
No comments:
Post a Comment