
I play Final Fantasy XI Online. It's a Massively Multiplayer Online game made by Square-Enix. Its been in service for 4 years plus now and still there are tons of people playing it. At any one time there would be 1800-2600 online in a server. And there are 32 servers. The game is available on PC or PS2. I think this is the first game that allows PC and Console gamers to play together. It was one of the top MMOs at the time, and still is in my opinion. I've been playing it since the English version for PC was released.
That's my alter ego on the left of the picture, AhBoo, a little Tarutaru. Tarutarus are more atune to magic, thus most are in mage classes (or jobs as we call it in FFXI).
The other people you see in the picture are my in-game friends. This is a goodbye picture for Aokin . . . He is a primary school teacher, and he was relocated to another perfecture, thus having to stop playing for a good while. He say's he'll be back and I truely hope so. He is one of the very few Japanese that is willing to speak English with me. Those that are well versed in Japanese culture would know why I treasure such a gesture by him.
Tacchii has recently disappeared too . . . and I wish him all the best. He is a secondary school student and a nephew of Aokin. His command and understanding of English is simply amazing for a Japanese, more so for someone so 'young'. Youth and amazing English skills just dont come together at all in Japanese culture.
Blackpudding still plays. He is married with kids and works at a German company in Japan. He has very good English too. He likes to complain that his wife takes no interest whatsoever in his game. (Hehehe *wink *wink).
Well, I'll talk more about my other life again soon. 4 years is a long time and a lot of memories to chronicle in one post.
That's my alter ego on the left of the picture, AhBoo, a little Tarutaru. Tarutarus are more atune to magic, thus most are in mage classes (or jobs as we call it in FFXI).
The other people you see in the picture are my in-game friends. This is a goodbye picture for Aokin . . . He is a primary school teacher, and he was relocated to another perfecture, thus having to stop playing for a good while. He say's he'll be back and I truely hope so. He is one of the very few Japanese that is willing to speak English with me. Those that are well versed in Japanese culture would know why I treasure such a gesture by him.
Tacchii has recently disappeared too . . . and I wish him all the best. He is a secondary school student and a nephew of Aokin. His command and understanding of English is simply amazing for a Japanese, more so for someone so 'young'. Youth and amazing English skills just dont come together at all in Japanese culture.
Blackpudding still plays. He is married with kids and works at a German company in Japan. He has very good English too. He likes to complain that his wife takes no interest whatsoever in his game. (Hehehe *wink *wink).
Well, I'll talk more about my other life again soon. 4 years is a long time and a lot of memories to chronicle in one post.
No comments:
Post a Comment