4th of April . . . What a day. And to think there are people who worry about Friday the 13th . . . Phhfff.
It was as though I woke up in the land of darkness.
8.00am-ish - Rushed out of the house, battling traffic frantically to get to the office on time. This can be the everyday norm, except it felt different. Reckless cars diving left and right infront of me, making me jam my brakes several times. Hmmm, maybe there was a grand big sale starting at 9 this morning.
10.00am-ish - Joanna refuses to teach me India, which made me invoke my backup (nasty) plan and pushed India to Weihiong's team. Bah . . . I had to take Vietnam as a trade-in for that.
12noon-ish - Lunch alone again. 4 days since my new job as Accountant. "This is gonna be lonely."
1.30pm-ish - Ouch ouch, tummy ache . . . Siam! Move out of the way! It's gonna blow!!!
1.45pm-ish - Ahhhh, shiok. Limped out of the gents with pins and needles.
2.00pm-ish - Hmmm, wait a sec. Where is my wallet??!!!
2.01pm-ish - Yes, it took me less than a minute to reach the gents, running at full flight . . . Arghhhh!!! It's not there!! *the world just spinned round and round my head*
2.10pm-ish - Back at my desk, covered in cold sweat. Face was pale as I took stock of what I had lost. IC, Driving licence, Debit Card, Credit Card, POSB Card $700 in Cash and many other stuff. Damnit!!! How could I be so careless?? How could I let my work misery cloud my judgement?!
2.30pm-ish - I drove out to the neighbourhood police post. "Hi, I'm here to report the loss of my IC." "Sir, you should wait for 2-3 weeks before making a police report." "Huh?? But I lost my IC, I don't have a single identification on me . . . What if a traffic police stops me while I am driving?" "But, sir, most people will get their IC back in a week or 2. Just make a report in a few weeks time." "No wait . . . What if someone takes my IC and goes to borrow from a loan shark? No, please help me raise a police report right now." *Is it difficult to write up a police report?*
2.45pm-ish - Called up UOB and DBS to cancel all my cards. The 'helpful' policeman gave me the numbers from his handphone. Hmmm, he must do this alot to have Hotlines of banks in his handphone.
3.00pm-ish - Made it back to office. Teresa told me to forget the urgent leave I offered to take when I went to the police. Oh well, not much of a consolation but better than nothing. She told me something in Cantonese, which loosely means : "Lose Money, Avert Disaster."
4.00pm-ish - Meimei came to my rescue again. She had made her way to my office and passed me $50. Phew, at least I have money.
6.00pm-ish - Been stoning for the past 2 hours. My mind couldn't operate. Everything felt numb. Time to leave the office.
6.15pm-ish - Picked up Meimei and made our way to Vivocity.
7.00pm-ish - Walked into a packed Carl's Junior fastfood outlet. As I queued, a couple butted into our table. Ok . . . I already lost my wallet. It can't get worst. I reach the front of the queue and as the counter opened, I walked towards it. Eh, why is this fella coming back to the counter? Damnit, he hasn't even ordered . . . he had gone off to ask his girlfriend what she wanted. I turned to the left counter which is now opened. But the fat uncle behind me bulldozed to it. So there I was, stuck inbetween the counters. Bahhhh! Screw this. I walked off with Meimei in a huff.
7.30pm-ish - Hotdogs at Superdog. Ordered the Chilli fries too. Ewwww . . . those were nasty fries.
8.00pm-ish - Parked ourselves at the corner Starbucks outlet. Another 3 and half hours before movie starts. Crap, there's no aircon here . . . Tried to distract myself with the book.
11.30pm-ish - Finally in the theatre. Hmmm, I can see why Andy Lau is boyfriend No.1 and I'm way behind in 4th.
12midnight - Ding! ding! ding! Ugly day has passed!!
Seriously. The entire day felt so depressing, so gloom and doom that I thought I was put under a curse! My face was as black as charcoal. Good thing the 4th of April only comes once a year.
Ding! Ding! Ding! You're the one and only No.1 love.. boy am I glad that day was over..
ReplyDelete