Since the last update on my workplace, many things have changed.
Joanne has been on medical leave since 3rd March. And when she came back on the 17th to submit her 1 month medical leave, she tendered her resignation . . . I was kinda expecting it though. She had msn me on Friday about having lunch with all the supervisors. I was on leave on Monday but came back anyways to join them. That's when she sprung it on me. So with her resignation, the impending transfer between Imela and her was halted.
I forgot to mentioned that I was to be transferred to the US team, with Kim coming to take over the Oceania team. But with Joanne's resignation, that was put on hold as well. I was in limbo for a few days, uncertain of what was going to happen. I had several sleepless nights, worrying about what they were gonna do. My fears were unfounded though . . .
On Thursday 20th March at the fateful hour of 5pm, Teresa called to meet me to a conference room. It was there that she ask me : "Do you think you are up to the challenge to take over as Accountant?" My mind went blanked that instant, though I recover graciously and told her I was definitely ready. Teresa and Weihiong had discussed and determined that rather than employing a new Accountant, they would rather I take over Joanne, which suits me just fine.
So with that I was propelled straight into management! Now now . . . don't go thinking that I'm getting the world . . . there are more nonsense and crap I have to face than the rewards I gonna receive. But still, it's a nice feeling, knowing your abilities and potential have finally been recognised.
They made their official offer on the 28th and wala! I've been installed as the new Accountant on 1st April . . . nono, this is not an April Fool's joke.
No comments:
Post a Comment