Thursday, December 23, 2010

HK Trip 2010 - 22nd to 27th Dec - Part 1

This was kinda like a continuation of our wedding celebrations. Meimei's grandma wasn't able to come to Singapore for our wedding and my father-in-law couldn't invite other relatives and friends due to the limited seats for our wedding. So to make up for it, he organized a dinner in Hong Kong instead. So besides holidaying, I had a chance to meet up with all the relatives, which is definitely a nice touch to the festive season! :-)

22 Dec - Arrival

So we reach HK about noon and made a trip to see Grandma first. The rest of the day was spent visiting the markets and usual run to Honolulu for tea and egg tarts. We came back to Grandma's place for dinner after with several of the uncles as well. At night we were at the avenue of stars overlooking Hong Kong Island. And because it's the Christmas season, the lights and decor were all up on the famous HK skyline. It does give you an added festive feel to see all the bright lights. The cold weather sure helps as well hehehe.


23 Dec - Ocean Park

We were up early for breakfast at Honolulu today. You would never get tired of the food there. It's simple, but all so alluring. And again I must say, it has the best egg tart in the world, only rivaled maybe by the egg tarts at Crystal Jade Palace at Takashimaya Singapore. But yeah, Honolulu's still the best!


So anways we had our fill and went off searching for the bus rides to get to Ocean Park. I think it's the holiday season and so the queue for the tickets were quite long. I must say though people (mostly Mainland Chinese folks) were pretty well behaved and there wasn't any pushing or queue cutting. It must be the weather *grin.

Ocean Park lives up to it's name as a main theme park attraction in Hong Kong. We had a ball of a time visiting the different animal exhibits and rides. I've even taken my first cable car ride! I remember I was griping the bars the whole time and Meimei was patiently comforting me haha. No, I did not pee in my pants!


It's the most fun I had in awhile and sure is a good start to the holidays. We didn't get back to the hotel till close the midnight. By which time both of us were truly exhausted. Wow, what a day! Fun fun fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment