26 Dec - 'Wedding' Day
Yeah so today's the day we have to meet relative and friends to celebrate our union. We were up early again and met Papa, Mama and Sis on Hong Kong Island. Papa has an apartment at Wan Chai and Meimei used to live there in her early childhood years. So we met at a Dim Sum restaurant to meet the old neighbors. I'm surprise they still keep in touch, even though it's been so many years since they were there. We even had a walkabout to sight see the old markets Mami used to go to buy vegetables and meat. It's nice to see that the streets and the people have not changed, even though Hong Kong has modernized so much.
For lunch, Papa brought us to the famous Yung Kee Restaurant for their roast goose. Oh my goodness, how do I describe it ... I'm at a loss for words. The goose was so fragrant, I could easily have swept three bowls of rice just with the gravy. We also ordered a prawn roll which was just as tasteful. The only gripe I have of that meal was that we didn't order many dishes for a table of five. I implanted into memory the place and made it a point that we have to return here again. For sure!
We spent the rest of the day shopping again till we set off for dinner at a restaurant. I can't remember the name nor the place now. We are pretty much 'going through the motions', not in a happy way but basically doing as told. Papa organized the entire event and all Meimei and I had to do was to be there. Even Grandma, who doesn't like going out of the house, was there as well. There were a lot of unfamiliar faces but it's all good. It's most important that Papa gets to 有个交代 with friends and family *wink
27 Dec - Back to Singapore
We are on the mid afternoon flight today. Both of us have to work the next day so we couldn't bank on the last flight. We had the last chance to have the meats at the airport, which turned out pretty good.
The only incident we had was messing up the departure time. Our luggage was literally offloaded when we got to the gate. We had to beg the stewardess to let us get onto the plane. Meimei had a bad fall while running down the ramp to the plane >.< thankfully we managed to get on ...
Afterthoughts
This is the most fun I've had in a long long time. I wished we had the time and money to go on a longer trip. But I will put it down to solely my fault for not having a real honeymoon. Meimei was very nice about it and termed this our Honeymoon instead. Man, I really love this women. Any other lady would have made a big huge fuss about it. But not her, she thinks the best of any situation and more so of me.
On a side note we came back with a whole luggage of loot! All that shopping! We must surely do this again!
We spent the rest of the day shopping again till we set off for dinner at a restaurant. I can't remember the name nor the place now. We are pretty much 'going through the motions', not in a happy way but basically doing as told. Papa organized the entire event and all Meimei and I had to do was to be there. Even Grandma, who doesn't like going out of the house, was there as well. There were a lot of unfamiliar faces but it's all good. It's most important that Papa gets to 有个交代 with friends and family *wink
27 Dec - Back to Singapore
We are on the mid afternoon flight today. Both of us have to work the next day so we couldn't bank on the last flight. We had the last chance to have the meats at the airport, which turned out pretty good.
The only incident we had was messing up the departure time. Our luggage was literally offloaded when we got to the gate. We had to beg the stewardess to let us get onto the plane. Meimei had a bad fall while running down the ramp to the plane >.< thankfully we managed to get on ...
Afterthoughts
This is the most fun I've had in a long long time. I wished we had the time and money to go on a longer trip. But I will put it down to solely my fault for not having a real honeymoon. Meimei was very nice about it and termed this our Honeymoon instead. Man, I really love this women. Any other lady would have made a big huge fuss about it. But not her, she thinks the best of any situation and more so of me.
On a side note we came back with a whole luggage of loot! All that shopping! We must surely do this again!








No comments:
Post a Comment