Sunday, December 16, 2012

i5 Upgrades Galore



Meimei bought 3 iPhone 5s at one go today, 2 whites for Sis and her, and a black for me. It sure is lighter than the 4, slimmer and longer with an additional row of icon space. How things have changed ... from someone who didn't fancy a smartphone to a person who stares at the phone everyday on the way to the car, the short way to the office, etc. I check my emails, play games, catch up on daily soccer and tabloid news, take random photos, etc. So much is done on the phone.

That said, sometimes I do get a certain short guilt trip that I am spending too much time on the phone and losing sense of other things around me as I walk. So off and on, I'll remind myself to put it away and just enjoy the walks. Turn around, take in the sights, experience the surroundings. Really, it seems everyone is losing these moments in time as we moved rapidly into the digital age. What a pity it would be when the only things we bother to see are the artificial landscapes on pint size screen of a device which was originally build for communication to bring the whole  world closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment