Our kitchen tap has been leaking over the past few days. We could go to bed and the sink bucket would be full next morning. Sigh ... things just don't last these days huh? We didn't know where it was leaking exactly so I dismantled the water filter and isolated the cause to the tap valve. Bah ... we may have replace the whole tap.
Update 2 Nov 13: Went down to Adamas at Jalan Besar to see if I can find the same tap again. I took Meimei's advice and ask if the tap can be repaired, and what you know, the Uncle say yes and taught me how to remove the parts to install the valve. Yeah! instead of spending $80-100, I bought the valve for $12 instead. Sadly my cheer was short-lived. The round cap holding the valve is stuck. I've tried pouring hot water, use ice to freeze the cap ... nothing works ... it just wouldn't bulge. Looks like we may have to engage a plumber after all.


No comments:
Post a Comment