I've been meaning to get a air purifier for the bed room for the longest time. For some odd reason which I still can't figure out, our master bedroom is extremely dusty. I still remember how surprised I was at the amount of dust in the room. I had to clean the vacuum floor brush 3 times before I was done with the room. So I always wanted to buy a purifier for the room so we don't have to breathe in the particle laden air. And it made more sense with the extreme haze this year.
So wala, we just purchased a Sharp KE-A40E air purifier with humidifier. Comes with 3 filters, HEPA, deodoriser and humidifier filter. I love that you don't have to change the filters, the instruction manual explicitly specifies that the filters will last 10 years with proper care. Wonderful, no constant add-on of additional cost, which in this case can sum up to amounts more than the whole unit itself in a few years as HEPA filters run around $100-200.
Ok coming to the operations, simple and clear buttons, no over the top flashing lights nor complex selections. The fastest fan can be noisy but you don't need it unless you are in extreme dusty conditions. I switched it to Auto and the fan was running at low speed the whole night and was practically silent. Also you can switch off the lights on the machine if you don't like lights in the room when you sleep. The humidifier really helps as we sleep in air-con nightly.
At $499 it's expensive, but most HEPA machines are about the range of $400-600. If you are going to buy a purifier, might as well buy one that works well.
Ok coming to the operations, simple and clear buttons, no over the top flashing lights nor complex selections. The fastest fan can be noisy but you don't need it unless you are in extreme dusty conditions. I switched it to Auto and the fan was running at low speed the whole night and was practically silent. Also you can switch off the lights on the machine if you don't like lights in the room when you sleep. The humidifier really helps as we sleep in air-con nightly.
At $499 it's expensive, but most HEPA machines are about the range of $400-600. If you are going to buy a purifier, might as well buy one that works well.

No comments:
Post a Comment