Thursday, October 9, 2014

Poulet

Have you tried Poulet before? I'm sure many have, it has outlets in many of the popular shopping mall. It's signature dish is the french roasted chicken in white sauce. Thing is ... I don't find the chicken any special. And having causally asked the people around me, I find everyone has the same opinion. The chicken is dry and bland. The sauce is sweet and a hit or miss depending on your preference for sweetness mixed with salty. I suppose westerners prefer sweetness in their food.

So why am I blogging about it now? Well because I've discovered the good stuff! Ok, the Tiramisu has always been a welcome dessert. Its soft and delicate, great for after meals and you don't get a rich punch of flavour after a full tummy.


So the dish that prompted this post is the .... duck puff pastry pizza. This is part of the new menu. They hit it right on the note on this. It's flaky, light and buttery and complements well with the duck.


I think I'll be back again to try the shredded chicken topping. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment